Well then, I have some great news for you. Over the next several months we will be doing several draws as part of a larger contest. Here is how it will work.
The winner of the draws will have the opportunity to have their child, or a child of their choice, featured in my next book series as a background character. What that means is that we will create a super hero in the likeness of the winning child that will appear during the next book series. The child will be able to choose a unique power and pick a super hero name for the character.
In February, we will take all of the winners and present the characters on our Facebook page where we will conduct a vote. The winner of that vote will be featured as a major character! How awesome is that?
THE CONTEST RULES
1. During the course of the contest there will be several draws held. The rules to win each draw will be determined by the kind of draw:
2. The winner of each individual draw will be given the opportunity for one child of your choice to be featured in my next book series as a background super hero character. A character will be created in the likeness of your child, and their first name will be used. The winners will also receive a signed copy of the first book in the series to feature their character!!
3. There will be a number of draws held:
4. Feb 9th to 15th, 2018: Final event. Each of the characters based on the winners so far will be revealed along with their super powers, and a brief bio. A vote will be held, and the winner of that vote will be major character in the next book series! All of the other characters will still be featured as background characters.
5. Winners of the contest will be contacted in order to share a photo that will be used to create the character after the winners are announced. The child's likeness and first name will be used.
6. In the dedication section of the first book in the series, each of the winning children will be acknowledged as winners of the contest.
7. Good luck!
SOME LEGAL STUFF
WAIVER AND DISCLAIMER
1. Copyright, both in the manuscripts as well as the published work remains with the author.
2. The child may further choose to discuss any further ideas/ expression related to the development of this character entirely of his own volition. However, the determination of the content of the book/ series and the manner of expression of these ideas remains the sole prerogative of the author. For further clarity, it is expressly agreed and understood that the winners or participants of the draw have no artistic licence to direct or dictate the contents of the story.
3. The child expressly waives any claim to copyright or trademark related claims, moral rights’ claims and/or any claim for a share in royalties on the sale of the book/series. It is expressly agreed and understood that the author will have no claims for consideration/ compensation.
4. The author retains the absolute discretion when it comes to deciding in which particular book in
the series will this winning background character or main character appears.
5. The clauses in this waiver and disclaimer shall survive al the forms of the proposed book/ series
– be it the manuscript or the published work, an audio book, e-book a hard copy or any other
medium of broadcasting or publication. Furthermore, the clauses in this disclaimer and waiver
shall also survive in any further form the product may take, including but not limited to manuscripts, revised or expanded edition, a sequel or a prequel.
6. The terms of this disclaimer and waiver shall survive even after the child has attained the age of majority.
7. In case of a dispute, the laws of Ontario shall apply.